Leave Inhibition and Caution Behind

tell me your thoughts
and I'll tell you mine
we need only to seek
and surely we'll find
tell me the weight of what's on your mind
leave inhibition and caution behind
show me the measure of what's in your heart
unmask the demons that tear you apart
its a process of learning - its perfection, an art
the beginning of healing, it's here that we start
promise I'm safe 
and I'll bare you my soul
the cracks and the dents
the parts of the whole
from the bottom to the top of my self-made hole
repairing the damage, unmoved by its toll
free from bondage, burdens and guilt
safely affirmed in the love that we've built
slowly and surely we've learned to unwind
aware of the things that once made us blind
resisting deception of a most dangerous kind,
we've left inhibition and caution behind.




No comments: